Header

Header
HOME

Friday, April 25, 2014

Sober Living

The word SOBER, used by most to mean--substance free, can also mean: 
levelheaded
down-to-earth
objective
thoughtful
clear-headed
reasonable
steady
composed

A psychiatrist told me that I had a condition called Bipolar II Disorder during the summer of 2003.  He prescribed some medication and sent me on my merry way.  But, I did not get SOBER until February of 2011.  I will tell you all someday about how I ended up in the good doctor's office as well as how and why 7.5 long years later I finally got SOBER.  

I take my sobriety very seriously.........
James 4:17 (KJV) Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
.........and it includes the following:
1. staying focused on God
2. faithfully taking my looney meds
3. whenever necessary, consulting my beautiful therapist, the soon to be -Doctor- Samine Charles
4. continuous, conscious efforts to repair damage done in the past whenever possible
5. discovering and changing old behavior patterns that are not conducive to a positive and productive existence
6. searching for, finding and flicking off each life-sucking tick of anxiety until there are no more

I found this Sobriety Coin online. 
I'm going to put more thought into it, but I think I ought to celebrate each February of each year because you know what?!  It's kind of a big deal.  And I'm a little late, but I may celebrate my three year sobriety mark by purchasing this little guy.


Thank you for taking the time to read a little bit more of my story.  Please Holla Back!! in the comments with "Congratulations, Nyla, on 3 years sober!!"

Don't forget to check out my Featured Friend below.  All my love.....

~me~

My friend      Ms Dawn Rawlins can help you 
Get It Together!!

She offers virtual assistant services
 to busy business owners, entrepreneurs, executives and ministry leaders. 
Contact Dawn TODAY!!