Header

Header
HOME

Saturday, October 18, 2014

An Open Letter to Ebola: Girl Bye


Dear Ebola,  Consider this your letter of psychological termination.  Your services were never needed or welcomed here.  I don't know where you came from or what your purpose is; you ain't gotta go home, but you gotta get up out of here. sayitwithgifs:
image
I hear rumors. They say that you were sent as population control. Well guess what--we all have a time to go and if the good Lord intends for me to go out via your nasty tail, His grace will be sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9) and I'll praise Him anyway.  You think you're going to steal my joy, Ebola?--girl bye.
I hear rumors.  They say that you were sent as organized chaos--a manufactured emergency to send me into a panic, to manipulate my mind and behavior to some end.  I've already cashed in on a promise from the Most High to keep my mind in perfect peace. (Isaiah 26:3) You think you're going to steal my peace, Ebola?--girl bye.

I refuse, on principle, to give whomever sent you one iota of satisfaction.  God has not given us a spirit of fear.  He has given us a spirit of power, a spirit of love and a sound mind. (II Timothy 1:7)  You will not cause me one moment of worry, one ounce of panic, my knees will never tremble and I refuse to live in fear.  Ebola, you think just because you screamed, "Jump!!" I'm going to request that you specify exactly how high?--girl bye.
I see some people going to extreme measures to protect themselves, but "...unless the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain." (Psalm 127:1) I will continue to use common sense and observe normal measures to stave off you and your unsavory kin folk.  You think you're gonna have me walking around my Walmart in a hazmat suit, Ebola?--girl bye.

I have to wrap this letter up because I'm a little busy right now--busy keeping my eyes on the hills because I know where my help comes from (Psalm 121:1-2) I'm a little busy acknowledging Jehovah Shalom and standing by for Him to direct my path (Proverbs 3:6).
I read Philippians 4:8 and you didn't make the cut, Ebola.  Girl bye.

Good day, I said GOOD DAY!


My dear ones,particular those with broken brains like mine, my prayer is that you have not succumbed to a spirit of despair thanks to Madam Ebola.  Be encouraged for we are victorious, even in death.  Do not forget your purpose--bringing glory to God.  Hold your head up high with confidence so that your light may shine and be ready to give an answer of the hope that lies within. (1 Peter 3:15)

All my crazy, crazy love......

~me~